Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Pumpkin Steel Cut Oatmeal

Pumpkin Steel Cut Oatmeal

Simply scrumptious

I love fall, I'm sure you have heard me say that before and will here me say it again. One of my favorite things is pumpkin! Pumpkin waffles, pumpkin soup, pumpkin pie, and pumpkin oatmeal!

Today I am sharing a recipe that is new to our family this fall, and it has been in our fridge every week since September.



Without further ado, here is the recipe.

Pumpkin Steel cut oatmeal:

Ingredients:
2 Cups steel cut oats
1 Cup  pumpkin puree
2 tsp  pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 Cup maple syrup
6 Cups water

Add all ingredients to the Instant Pot* and mix well.
Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes.
When it is done cooking and the pressure has released, stir well and transfer to another container for storage. We put it in a glass baking pan with a lid, but I'm sure any air tight container would work. 

*If you do not have an instant pot, this recipe could probably be made on the stove in a regular pot or in a pressure cooker. I have not tried it yet since the Instant Pot is so quick and easy. Please leave a comment below if you tried another way of cooking it!

Thank you so much for reading! Below is a link to the Youtube video I made if you want to see the recipe in addition to reading it!





No comments:

Post a Comment