Sunday, November 12, 2017

Ginger Snaps

Ginger Snaps

Simply Scrumptious                                                                                                            11/12/2017

Ginger snaps are one of my favorite holiday cookies! I have been making this recipe since I was nine years old. When I started making these I would follow the original recipe (which calls for butter and eggs), because we had chickens and ate butter. Since I started eating less dairy, at the age of 14, I substituted coconut oil and egg replacer.

Ingredients:
2 Cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt
2 tsp Ground Ginger
2 tsp Cinnamon
¾ Cup Coconut Oil, softened
½ Cup White Sugar (could try using less)
½ Cup Brown Sugar
Egg replacer equal to 1 Egg (I used Ener-g)
¼ Cup Molasses

1.     Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit
2.     Stir or whisk the flour, baking soda, salt , ginger, and cinnamon.
3.     Use a mixer (I used bosch) to cream the coconut oil sugars, and vanilla, then add the “egg” and molasses.
      Add the flour mixture slowly, mixing in between.
4.     Roll tablespoons of dough in sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet to bake.
5.     Bake for 15-20 minutes, remove from baking trays and cool on wire rack.





Here is the link to the whole video if you want to watch it: 


No comments:

Post a Comment