Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Red Lentil Soup

Red Lentil Soup

Simply Scrumptious                   11/14/17

My mom has been making this recipe since i was seven, and it has always been one of my very favorites. I feel like I say every recipe is my favorite, but this one is a long time favorite. When we make it we usually do a x4 batch in our giant pot, but today I decided to just do a small pot. Tag me on instagram if you try it @simplyscrumptious7 .

Ingredients:
1 Cup dry red lentils
5 Cups water
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp dry minced onion (or 1 Cup fresh onion, diced)
1/2 Cup celery, sliced
1 Cup carrots, diced
1 1/2 Tbsp tomato paste (about 1/2 small can)
1 bay leaf
1/8 tsp chili powder (feel free to add more if you like spicy)
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (1 Can)
1 Tbsp Curry powder (Adjust to your taste)
Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)

Combine all ingredients (except parsley) in a pot or sauce pan, and bring to a boil. Let simmer over a low heat for about 2 hours. Keep pot covered so liquid does not evaporate. Add the fresh parsley, if using, right before serving. 


Link to the video:





No comments:

Post a Comment