Monday, October 2, 2017

Pumpkin Waffles!

Pumpkin Waffles!

I am so excited to be posting this blog/video, because it means fall is here! I love fall! It is a beautiful time, even when things are dying they still look beautiful. Some of my favorite things about fall is the air gets cooler and crisper, the leaves are colorful, and its pumpkin season! Yay!!!! Pumpkins!!!! 


 What is better than fall and pumpkins? Pumpkin waffles of course. To be completely honest, I still like my corn oat waffle recipe best, but these pumpkins ones are not half bad. Especially drenched in maple syrup:) My family was very happy to devour them, even my Mom who is doing a very strict whole foods plant based way of eating (WOE). Usually I would not grind flour for waffles, but since Mom is eating healthy and she wanted to make bread later that day I decided it was worth cleaning the machine.

Without further ado, here is the long awaited recipe for:
Pumpkin Waffles

2 Cups Pumpkin puree (1 can)
1/2 Cup Applesauce (or oil)
1/4 Cup Maple syrup
1 Tbsp. Vanilla extract
8 Cups Flour (I used freshly ground whole wheat)
2 tsp. Salt
3 Tbsp. Pumpkin pie spice
8 Cups Milk/water (I used 4C soy milk + 4C water)

Mix together the dry ingredients with a whisk until well combined.
In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
Add the dry ingredients to wet and stir until combined.
Cook in preheated waffle iron(s).

Note: You might need to add a little more liquid to the batter, mine was very thick.






Here is the link to the video if you want to see the whole process.


Here is the link to the corn-oat waffle video if you want that recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSEJ7QU-hsI


Simply Scrumptious

No comments:

Post a Comment